Time Until USA

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Eighty!

Did you know that eighty in french is quatre vingts... which literally translates to 4x20. WHAT?? As I try to learn French, this is what I am dealing with. Or did you know that I am une americaine, but my dad is un americain? Yes because I am a girl, I get 2 extra e's. Or did you know that a dog is masculine and a car is feminin? Who decided that? Well I am learning French slowly and I really want to learn. I practice with my teammates all of the phrases I know, and they laugh because it is so basic and funny to them! But I am hoping with 3 1/2 hours of French class a week, that I can learn something!

Here is what I know:
-Je m'appelle Sarah.
-J'ai suis americaine.
-J'ai 22 ans.
-Je suis volleyeuse.
-J'habite a Nantes.
-Je suis nee le 11 avril 1988.

Other phrases that are useful:
-Je ne sais pas. (This means "I don't know" and I use it very frequently.)
-J'ai faim. (Literally meaning "I have hunger" and yes the m in faim is silent so the pronunciation of this would be "jay fah")
-Big mac grande avec frites et coca-cola (You can figure it out.)
-J'ai froid ("I'm cold" pronounced "jay fro-ah"... silent letters are everywhere.)
-Je ne comprends pas. (I don't understand.)
-A quelle heure? (I thought it meant "what time is it" however, I just looked it up so I could figure out how to spell it and it actually means "at what time?" Haha funny)

So today I had a busy day... practice 11-1:30, class 2-4, practice 4:30-6, reception 7. I am sooo excited for Saturday when my parents will come!!! Yahh!!! And we play our first home match on Saturday night! So excited!! Also last night I downloaded the first book in the Narnia series on my Kindle... I am so excited to reread them since I read them as a child. I am sure that everyone wanted to know that, but these are the things I get excited about!!!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment