Time Until USA

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taco Tuesday!

Yes 3 days in a row!!! STAR!!

Today I discovered why panini's in France taste so good. I had a doctor's appointment and we arrived a little early so we went across the street to the little panini/croissant/pastry shop to grab a sandwich for lunch. I got the jambon fromage (yes ham and cheese). It was really delicious and at first I thought it was just because the baguette it was served on tasted really good. Then it hit me! They put butter on the baguette and then they load on the ingredients. Butter is the answer. Now, I am the type of person who never adds butter to anything... I give my butter from my pancakes at Cracker Barrel to my dad, I eat bread plain, and I just don't really see the need for it. Well since living in France, I have a new found appreciation for butter. Because France loves butter!

Also tonight for dinner we decided we needed to satisfy our Mexican craving, so we decided it would be Taco Tuesday! Nicole and I have family dinner almost every night and tonight we decided that we would invite our teammate/dorm mate Alex over for dinner because she had never had a taco before! It was really fun! I showed her how to make the meat and then we showed her the best strategy for rolling your taco so you wouldn't lose all of the ingredients. She commented that taco night seems that it would be really enjoyable in America... I don't think she even can begin to imagine my families love for taco night because we do enjoy it. PS Aunt Marcia I miss you and wish you could have been here tonight! Sorry we enjoyed our taco's without you! But Alex really enjoyed her first taco experience and I think we have her hooked!

Tomorrow we have water recuperation (I'm not really sure what that means) and practice. Thursday we have a 2-a-day. Friday we have practice, pictures, we pick up Sonja from the airport, and are going to the FC Nantes soccer game. And Saturday morning Nicole and I are jumping on the train to head to Paris for the weekend!!!! Life is good here! We think we will visit the Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Notre Dame on this trip!! And we are trying to figure out where to stay... any thoughts??

4 comments:

  1. Wow! your blog activity is definitely deserving of a gold star!! It sounds like you're having an awesome time. I am jealous of your ability to satisfy your mexican craving...i have also been craving tacos or something of the sort but there are no tortillas or anything that slightly resembles them. Sometimes i make fajitas and eat it tortillaless, but its just NOT the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too Sarah baby - and I sure do wish I could have been there for Alex's first taco experience! Isn't it sad that she has lived 19 years on this earth without the thrill of a taco? (tee-hee) Most people just don't understand how seriously we take our taco get togethers in this family - tacos in this family is definitely an event. Please tell Alex how excited I am that she now joins the ranks of TACO CONVERT! Kisses and Hugs Aunt Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girly - so excited for you to have your weekend in France! Holler if you have any questions :) Love hearing about all your adventures, so keep them coming! Love you!!! -Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS watch it - France awakened in me a love for butter the likes of which you've never seen. It's still a constant battle...

    ReplyDelete